Shipping / Receiving Clerk
Company: Perfection Spring & Stamping Corp.
Location: Mount Prospect
Posted on: September 25, 2022
**JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- * Operate a forklift in a safe manner to load, unload and
transfer materials or equipment throughout operations.
- * Load outbound shipments timely and accurately; complete
transaction details as required.
- * Review routing tags for part number and customer, check if
order is ready for packing and contact Supervisor to determine
order priority status.
- * Check for individual customer packing instructions, setup
weigh count scale, weigh and pack proper number of parts in cartons
seal and palletize.
- * Write up move tickets from routing tag data to include
prescribed information, arrange for required bar code labels and
apply to cartons.
- * Use a computer to retrieve, enter, or review data related to
work in process, raw materials, finished goods or inventory of any
kind, as well as customers' advances shipping notices (ASNs). All
entries to have 100% accuracy while completed in an efficient
- * Notify manager and/or department Lead of unusual material,
order problems, errors, mistakes, activities, or other events
requiring special attention.
- * Load truck according to freight documents.
- * Unload inbound materials/components/goods/freight timely,
accurately, check vendor packing lists with items received and
verify accuracy of items, and distribute within the company or
stock materials/components properly in warehouse.
- * Verify packing lists, weights, counts, damaged goods, etc. in
accordance with department standards.
11.* Locate and issue raw materials/components to production areas
as required; complete transaction details as required.
- * Receive return to stock (RTS) items from production floor,
restock materials/components properly; complete transaction details
Position Specifications and Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years experience within a
durable goods manufacturing environment. Metal stamping environment
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work with little
supervision and the capability to keep track of multiple demands,
resources and requirements.
- Forklift experience required with the ability to operate a
forklift in a safe manner to load, unload and transfer materials or
equipment throughout operations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Computer proficiency to retrieve, enter, and review data
related to work in process, raw materials, finished goods,
inventory of any kind, as well as customers' advances shipping
- Ability to accurately use electronic weigh count scale, tape
machine, shrink wrap machine, and hand pallet jack to pack and ship
- Must have good decision-making skills, strong math skills, and
the ability to accurately interpret written instructions and
- Experience with expediting methods and procedures, as well as
outside processing preferred.
- Willing to get and maintain valid Class C driver's license in
the future, if needed.
You should be proficient in:
- Packaging Experience
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Meets Physical Requirements
Keywords: Perfection Spring & Stamping Corp., Mount Prospect , Shipping / Receiving Clerk, Professions , Mount Prospect, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!