Supply Chain Analyst II
Company: Lapmaster Wolters
Location: Mount Prospect
Posted on: June 13, 2022
This position will be responsible for sourcing and procurement
activities. Support responsibilities include Strategic Sourcing,
Contract Negotiations, and Materials Management. Additionally, the
candidate is expected to support warehouse operations and manage
- Collaborate with business stakeholders at all levels of the
organization to achieve savings targets, improve supplier
performance, minimize supply chain risk, and maximize supplier
collaboration and innovation.
- Identify key procurement and supply chain risks and
opportunities and develop mitigation strategies.
- Lead change management efforts
- Cultivate and manage relationships with suppliers.
- Develop strong partnerships across the enterprise, aligning
with and managing strategic initiatives and commitments.
- Identify roadblocks to effective procurement then develop and
- Develop and align procurement processes throughout organization
to ensure people, processes and tools are leveraged for optimal
- Negotiate supplier contracts.
- Engage in materials and operations processes
- Interface with purchasing, leadership, production, warehouse,
engineering, and other stakeholders
- Coordinate subassembly fabrication releases
- Drive adoption of Procurement Policies across the
- Lead the development and implementation of sourcing strategies
for Logistics, Warehousing, Sales & Marketing, etc.
- Maintain inbound expected delivery schedules
- Create and lead the development of bid packages
- Support warehouse with supply challenges identifying gaps and
bringing awareness to the team
- Follow health and safety guidelines
- Other Duties as assigned
Lapmaster International, LLC is a leading international precision
machine tool builder headquartered in Chicago's Northwest suburbs
near O'Hare Airport. Our diverse team works with a broad variety of
industries and technologies. Our technical expertise includes
Motion Control, Robotics, Automation, Machine Design, and
Application Engineering. Our customers include small, mid-sized and
Fortune 100 companies in a variety of industries including
Automotive, Aerospace, Semiconductor, Electronics, Bearings,
Optics/Electro-optics, Pumps, Valves, Compressors, and Medical
Devices. Our business model is to utilize leading technologies and
exceptional engineering talent coupled with outstanding customer
service to solve manufacturing and precision machining
Since 1948, industry has relied on Lapmaster to solve the most
challenging precision surfacing problems. With over 60 years of
experience, Lapmaster has a proven history of successfully
developing cost effective processing solutions for virtually any
application requiring precision sizing, flatness, parallelism,
roundness, straightness, or surface finish. Lapmaster serves the
Fine Grinding, Advanced Materials, Precision Optics, Bore Honing
and Finishing, Lapping/Polishing and Metallographic markets through
an expanding network of sales and services offices located
throughout the world. Sales and technical service is available
either through local Lapmaster Sales Representative or through our
main Sales and Technical Services Centers located in Mount
Prospect, IL, Plymouth, UK, Chennai, India, Tokyo, Japan and
Competitive Benefits Package for Full Time employees:
- 401(k) with Matching
- Medical Insurance (Company contribution for
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid Life & AD&D
- Vacation, Sick, Holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Lapmaster International values bringing together individuals from
diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for
patients. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex
(including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
Lapmaster International, LLC (aka Precision Surfacing Solutions)
"the Company" has an internal recruiting function. The Company may
supplement that internal capability from time to time with
assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services,
and professional recruiters (Agency). Agencies are hereby
specifically directed NOT to contact employees of the Company
directly in an attempt to present candidates. The Company's policy
is for the internal recruiting team or other authorized personnel
to present ALL candidates to hiring managers.Any unsolicited
resumes sent to Lapmaster International, LLC from a third party,
such as an Agency, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Company
mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Company
employees, or to the resume database will be considered Company
property. Lapmaster International LLC, will NOT pay a fee for any
placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Lapmaster International LLC, will consider any candidate for whom
an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred
by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Powered by JazzHRSkills, Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years or more of relevant experience in
- APICS CPIM Certification is a Plus
- Proficient MS Excel
- Demonstrated success using analytical skills, as well as
written, and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative individual with the ability to work across
multiple units, people, skills and personalities.
- Adaptable, flexible, positive, open to learning, developing and
welcoming of new ideas.
- Accessible to internal and external clients.
- Well organized, and able to work on multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated and ambitious, ability to operate without
- Experience leading supplier negotiations.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office, at an advanced
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Expertise with MRP/ERP Systems
- Knowledge of project management
Keywords: Lapmaster Wolters, Mount Prospect , Supply Chain Analyst II, Professions , Mount Prospect, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!