Company: Crane Co.
Location: Mount Prospect
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Crane Payment Innovations is the leader in world class automated
payment solutions. We partner with businesses to provide payment
experiences that set new and innovative standards for consumer
convenience, security and reliability. We are excited to explore
new ways every day to improve how millions of people across the
globe can make their payments in a way that fits with their lives.
Our global engineers develop products and deliver innovative
solutions in currency validation technologies, cash management
systems, digital payment technologies, mobile applications,
security and digital advertising. We offer a range of devices for
bill and coin validation, cash recycling and dispensing systems,
IoT applications for our enterprise-level connected products and
services, and software applications to integrate sensory hardware
to machines and networks.
At CPI you will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of
collaboration and innovation with the support of over 2,000
associates working in one of our 15 offices across the world. If
you want to have a hands-on global impact on payment solutions, we
want you to join our team as a Compliance Engineer. This is a full
time position based in our office in Mt. Prospect, Illinois.
Your contribution to the team:
The Compliance Engineer role will be responsible for functional
testing and analysis of microprocessor based electromechanical
designs against Electrical Safety (UL) EMI/EMC (FCC),
Environmental, and Product Safety requirements. The candidate will
work with the Compliance Engineering Manager to develop and execute
on test strategies for various products. Test plan creation,
execution in a timely manner, and formal reporting on the results
verbally and in writing, is required and are basic responsibilities
of the position. In addition, the candidate should be an
engineering professional that possesses a unique blend of creatived
and diverse problem solving skills able to work in a
multidisciplinary project team environment. A combination of formal
and informal learning modalities can be expected in support of
product knowledge and compliance validation test methods. Some
emphasis will be placed on knowledge of global environmental
regulatory requirements, interpretation, dissemination, and
What you will be doing:
* Validation testing of new and existing products to functional
specifications. Responsibilities will include environmental,
mechanical, interface, and software functional testing.
* Test result documentation, archiving and dissemination. Includes
report generation, maintenance of electronic and hardcopy archives,
and the organization of product storage.
* Creation of validation test plans for new and existing products.
Includes development of test processes to address new product
* Periodic surveillance of applicable regulatory standards.
Analysis and communication of any impact resulting from changes /
* Continual learning in the (green) environmental regulations to
support the business needs.
* Support various internal and external lab activities as related
to validation testing. This includes acquisition and set-up of CPI
products within the regulatory labs.
* Provide the organization with insight on regulatory requirements
for new and existing products. This includes product requirements &
restrictions within Electrical, Consumer Safety and Environmental
* Assist with setting up formal lab tests at regulatory agencies
and work to obtain full regulatory approval for our product
* Conduct periodic UL production line audits and ensure that all UL
certifications remain current.
* May act as Compliance Representative at project and technical
meetings. Responsibilities will include determining product risks,
interpretation of test results and participating in any final
technical analysis discussions and remediation of certification
The skills you need to have:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field, or equivalent
combination of education, training, and experience
* Experience and knowledge of Global Environmental Regulations to
include EU RoHS Directive, EU REACH Regulation, CA Prop-65,
Dodd-Frank Act section 1502, US Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
* 3-6 years of experience of product evaluation and test
experience. The successful candidate will be familiar with EMC/EMI
test methodologies and product safety analysis. Must have immunity
testing and product safety experience.
Key Competencies to be successful at Crane:
* High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects
in conjunction with day-to-day activities
* Excellent influencing skills, analytical and problem-solving
skills, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced
* Ability to establish credibility and be decisive and able to
recognize and support the organization's preferences and
* Results and people oriented with sound judgment-ability to
balance other business considerations
* Team player - able to work in a matrix organization
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills verbally and in
* Up to 10% travel is possible
* A passion for learning & engineering
* Competitive salaries
* Paid time off
* Sick time off
* Medical, dental, & vision insurance
* Flexible spending accounts
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* 401K with Company contribution
* Discounts for childcare
* Community involvement
* Opportunities to travel and work at our global sites
CPI is a part of Crane Co.
CPI is a part of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly
engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane Co provides
products and solutions to customers in four business segments:
Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and
Payment & Merchandising Systems. Crane has approximately 12,000
employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and
Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
disability, military status, or national origin or any other
characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local
Keywords: Crane Co., Mount Prospect , Compliance Engineer, Other , Mount Prospect, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!