Meat Clerk - Part Time - Will Train - Evenings and Weekends a Must
Company: Fresh Thyme Farmers Market
Location: Mount Prospect
Posted on: June 22, 2022
If you're someone who has a genuine desire to help people live
better and healthier lives, join us as we work to be a trusted
resource in our communities, offering real people, real food at
real affordable prices across the Midwest. If you are ready to
immerse yourself in an environment, that helps shoppers naturally,
intuitively, and enjoyably find real, honest, affordable goodness
to meet them wherever they are on their wellness journey, we'd like
to hear from you. Join us to begin YOUR journey and be a part of
the Fresh Thyme Market Team!
Fresh Thyme Rewards
* Weekly pay
* Scheduling flexibility
* Paid parental leave
* Care.com/back-up care assistance
* Team member discount
* Career growth opportunities
Are you passionate about the retail grocery market and organic
products? Are you a leader? Are you ready to join one of the
fastest growing companies in the retail grocery market? If so,
Fresh Thyme Farmers Market is the place for you! Our unique
business model, fast paced and growing environment, promote from
within culture, and excellent benefits make Fresh Thyme the best
employer in the grocery market. Careers have been growing at Fresh
Thyme since our inception in 2012 - yours should be no
The Meat & Seafood Clerk is responsible for keeping all store meat
cases stocked and clean during business hours. They are required to
assist customers as needed and maintain a friendly, energetic
demeanor. This position requires adhering to all procedural
guidelines set by the Meat Department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Ensures cleanliness of meat and seafood cases, storage area, and
work area for sanitation and safety; includes cleaning of shelves
and products, keeping floors free of liquid spills or water,
removing hazardous debris from floor and sweeping.
* Stocks meat and seafood cases; includes presentation of product,
facing, filling, and organization of all product items as set by
the Meat Department schematics as well as ensuring tag and pricing
* Examines the rotation of all meat and seafood products paying
particular attention to expired stock.
* Responds positively to customer's inquiries and assists customers
with purchases, information and product selection while working the
meat counter; requires selling and cross selling of products.
* Receives, inspects, and logs products for accuracy of shipment,
temperature, and quality.
* Monitors the point of purchase signs; ensures a variety of recipe
cards, product coupons, promotional material, and information on
* Requires operating and using equipment such as knives, scales,
wrappers, compactors, garbage disposals, pallet jacks, and hand
* Monitors that proper temperatures are being maintained at all
stages during the production of meat and seafood items.
* Prepares various meat and seafood products; includes using the
appropriate ingredients and proper cooking times for product being
* Maintains the organization, stacking, and rotating of all meat
products in the cooler and freezer.
* Uses knowledge of scales, weight measures, and tares to
accurately weigh and label meat products; includes packaging and
wrapping products and following the proper dating procedures.
* Maintains proper safety practices and care while using all the
cutting accessories available in the meat department; complies with
the use of mesh gloves while using a knife.
* Participates in pre-inventory preparation; includes back stock
and assuring tags match products.
* Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product
* Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and
overall clean appearance at all times.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or equivalency degree.
* Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail experience in Meat department
processes and procedures.
* Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all
* Ability to adapt to the ever-changing high volume retail while
working in a cross-functional team environment.
* Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems
* Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
* Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to
prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for
dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
* Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is
* Must be able to support and contribute to team goals
* Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
* Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and
regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
* Must have basic knowledge of math, weights, and measures.
* Must have skills working with knives, tenderizers, grinders, and
general meat machinery.
* Must have expert packaging and wrapping skills.
* Ability to cut and weigh various amounts of meat and seafood.
* Understands COOL compliance for seafood products; what country
the various products are coming from.
Job Function Analysis
* Sit Rarely 1-2 hours
* Stand Continuously 1-8 hours
* Walk Continuously 2-8 hours
* Drive Frequently 2-4 hours
* Balance Frequently 34-66%
* Bend Occasionally 1-33%
* Climb (2-6 ft) Occasionally 1-33%
* Crawl Occasionally 1-33%
* Crouch/Squat Occasionally 1-33%
* Kneel Occasionally 1-33%
* Reach (forward & overhead) Frequently 34-66%
* Twist (45 degrees at waist) Occasionally 1-33%
* 0-10 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 11-25 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 26-50 lbs. Occasionally 1-33%
* 51-100 lbs. Never 0%
Right & Left Grasping Frequently 34-66%
Fine Manipulation Occasionally 1-33%
Pushing and Pulling Occasionally 1-33%
Lower extremities Never 0%
Some extreme temperatures are possible. Some ventilation and
Keywords: Fresh Thyme Farmers Market, Mount Prospect , Meat Clerk - Part Time - Will Train - Evenings and Weekends a Must, Other , Mount Prospect, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!