Data Entry Technician
Company: Northland Laboratories
Location: Mount Prospect
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Are you looking to progress in your career with a fast-growing
food safety company? Are you a hardworking, collaborative team
member ready to hit the ground running and get the job done? Then
we are looking for you!
What we do:
Matrix Sciences International Inc. provides a uniquely
comprehensive scope of laboratory, advisory, research and data
management services that support our customers' confidence in
bringing safe, quality food to market.
Why it matters:
This work allows clients to identify potential contamination
before it impacts their products and helps them feel confident that
their products meet their quality standards and are safe for
consumption in the market.
This position is a full-time, hourly position reporting to the
Client Services Manager. The Data Entry Technician performs all
paperwork, technical and non-technical procedures required to
receive, process and submit samples for laboratory testing. The
Data Entry Technician will also forward accessioned samples to
designated laboratory locations while locating and correcting any
What you'll do:
- Receives samples when delivered to the laboratory in Mount
- Removes samples from transport bags, verifies proper
identifiers on all ARF's and samples.
- Identifies any discrepancies or omissions on the paperwork or
sample, collects the data or contacts the ordering party according
to laboratory procedure.
- Assigns specific computer-generated identification numbers to
samples, checks for accuracy and records all items processed.
- Prepare samples for delivery to designated laboratory
- Assists with sample storage and retrieval.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area. This includes
disinfecting the workstation, restocking supplies, breaking down
boxes and trash removal.
- Reads, understands and follows applicable Standard Operating
Procedures (SOP's), including safety and quality procedures.
- Participates in improving lab efficiency, quality and
- May include cross training to perform basic Laboratory
Assistant or clerical duties.
- May also be responsible for various support activities,
including but not limited to data entry, answering phones, shipping
and receiving, equipment assembly inventory and other related
- The normal schedule after training will be Monday through
- Initial training days for this role will vary.
What you have:
- High school diploma.
- Background in Biological Sciences preferred.
- Information technology literacy with working knowledge on
Microsoft Office Suite and LIMS system a plus.
- The ability to communicate with people at all levels of the
organization, clients and external agencies.
- Open, agreeable and professional behavior when gathering and
referring information to the appropriate member of the team.
- The ability to listen actively when spoken to and effectively
communicate their thoughts to others.
What we offer:
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long Term Disability
- Accident & Critical Illness
- Paid Time-Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Matrix Sciences International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Matrix Sciences is committed to a policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity for all applicants and employees. We treat
all employees and applicants in conformance with both the spirit
and letter of federal, state, and local employment discrimination
laws, regulations, and Executive Orders. The Company makes all
employment decisions without regard to a person's race, color,
religion, gender (including gender identity or expression),
national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, medical
condition, marital status, age, physical or mental disability,
genetic information, veteran status, uniform services membership
status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these
factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not
Keywords: Northland Laboratories, Mount Prospect , Data Entry Technician, Other , Mount Prospect, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!