Electrical Systems Engineer
Company: Crane Co.
Location: Mount Prospect
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Who we are:
CPI makes the technology that powers your everyday life. If
you've ever used a self-checkout, played the slots at a casino,
gotten a drink from a vending machine, or paid to park your car,
you've probably done so with the aid of one of the 10 million
devices installed by CPI. From cash and coins to cards and mobile,
we keep the world of payments moving with smart validation devices
and business-management software. Our technology powers more than 4
billion transactions every week - and we want you to be a part of
Payment technology is constantly evolving, and our associates
are up for the challenge. We pride ourselves in our ability to
deliver excellent service and support for our vast existing field
base, while pushing the envelope of innovation to design and
deliver new solutions that reflect the modern payment
At CPI you will become a valuable part of our culture of
inclusion and collaboration, working in partnership with more than
3,000 global associates supporting 110 countries and currencies. If
you are interested in making a global impact, we are looking for a
full-time Electrical Systems Engineer to join us in our Mt.
Prospect, IL location.
About the role:
This position involves all phases of hardware development
including design, integration, and debugging of proprietary PCBs
and purchased components into high speed automated equipment.
About the team:
The hardware development team is a small team based out of one
our largest manufacturing sites.
Why work with us:
With a 160-year history of innovation and growth, more than
3,000 patents, and an unmatched commitment to success, you are
joining a company that has shaped the global landscape of
technology. At CPI, you will become a valuable part of an inclusive
culture of collaboration and innovation, all while directly
impacting global payment solutions. Come see your ideas make
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Experienced in machine design and implementation, including but
not limited to motor control, analog signal conditioning, power
supply design and implementation, advanced digital design (SOC,
FPGA, DSP, and sensor interfacing).
- Proficient understanding and utilization of electrical test
equipment, including but not limited to oscilloscopes, power
supplies, digital analyzers, and other associated test equipment
for electrical debugging.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug for root cause of
- Experience in PCB layout and routing of multilayer PCBs (8 & 10
layers PCB designs) - Candidate will be asked to provide specific
examples of past work experience in this area. Should know best
electrical engineering practices.
- Experienced in adhering to an established engineering
development process, - CPI EDP - (proof-of-concept, prototyping,
design, integration/test, associated documentation).
- Programming experience beneficial, but not required.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team environment.
- Good communications skillsets (verbal, written, presenting,
- Computer skillsets (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Electrical Design
( IDEs ), etc.
- Self-Motivated - takes initiative to address issues, pursue new
designs, identify cost reductions, researching of new parts.
- Innovative - Ability to design from a broad mandate statement,
thinking out of the box, etc.
- Accountable - Assumes full responsibility of their designs or
other designs which they have been assigned to maintain or
Value added skillset
- Familiarity with Kaizen methodology and Continuous Improvement
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Education: BSEE or equivalent (Masters would be a value
- Work experience: 4-7 years of industry experience
Key Attributes for Success:
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects
in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Excellent influencing skills, analytical and problem-solving
skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive and able to
recognize and support the organization's preferences and
- Results and people oriented with sound judgment-ability to
balance other business considerations
- Team player - able to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- Up to 10% travel
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Sick time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with Company contribution
- Discounts for childcare
- Community involvement
- Opportunities to travel and work at our global sites
CPI is a part of CraneCo.
Crane Co. is a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered
industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane provides products and
solutions to customers in the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon
processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated
merchandising, transportation and other markets. The Company has
four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling,
Engineered Materials, and Merchandising Systems. Crane has
approximately 12,000 employees in North America, South America,
Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York
Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
disability, military status, or national origin or any other
characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local
Keywords: Crane Co., Mount Prospect , Electrical Systems Engineer, Other , Mount Prospect, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!