Sr QC Technician
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Location: Mount Prospect
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Senior QC Technician
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you'll do
important work, like helping
customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the
environment or making sure our food is
safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be
supported in achieving your career
- Applies Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) in all areas of
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
- Performs approval of specifications and incoming inspections on
material (i.e. drug, components) and distribution shipments.
- Performs process inspections, samplings, and audits as
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives and assists
with root cause investigations for nonconforming issues.
- Author's, revises, and complies with all relevant SOP's and
work instructions and properly documents activities when
- Follows all Thermo Fisher Standard operating procedures.
- Performs all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assures that issues potentially affecting product
quality/compliance are escalated to the attention of the Team
Leader and/or Management.
- Assures that issues are resolved in a timely manner and
corrective actions are implemented accordingly.
- Review production orders to ensure all information contained
within is accurate per applicable reference documents and also
complies with all customer requirements.
- Review/Approve label part number item specifications to ensure
all information contained within is accurate per applicable
reference documents and also complies with all customer
- Perform Learning Management System updates per SOP
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience with Quality Systems (Change Control, deviations,
complaint management, documentation management, among others).
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment (35F to 46F)
with provided protective wear.
- Must be able to work in a freezer environment with provided
- Must be able to work in potent compound suites with provided
protective wear (PPE).
- Good reasoning and problem-solving skills, basic math skills,
good communication skills, basic computer skills.
- Must be willing to work various shifts and overtime depending
on business needs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must not be allergic to penicillin or cephalosporin
- Extensive standing and walking on packaging floor in order to
monitor room activities.
- Work schedule, Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day.
- Additional overtime and weekend (Saturday or Sunday) work may
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20
- Vision requirements for this position: Near Vision Acuity with
minimum 20/40 corrected vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less),
color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Associate's degree preferred and/or equivalent years of
experience, with minimum of 2-3 years in Pharmaceutical or of a
related, regulated industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Access,
- Knowledge or prior experience with Current Good Manufacturing
Practices (cGMP) for pharmaceutical products.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Mount Prospect , Sr QC Technician, Other , Mount Prospect, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!