In this role you will manufacture jigs, fixtures, dies, machine
tools, and cutting tools used in manufacturing processes.
- Perform duties to repair, modify and troubleshoot existing
punch press and fourslide/multi-slide dies to maintain part quality
and production standards and tryout and debug new dies. Incumbents
will work from die design, prints, shop orders, sample parts, and
handbook formulas, and in accordance with standard operating
procedures and policies.
- Plan die repair needs, troubleshoot dies in production to
analyze nature of problem and required corrective action.
- Disassemble dies, check for worn or broken blocks,
perforators, springs, punches, and die sections.
- Machine new sections and parts as needed, reassemble dies,
tryout and make adjustments to meet part dimensions.
- Analyze last production run part and strip to determine
pending die problems and take necessary corrective action.
- Modify existing dies to meet part engineering changes, analyze
change needs and review with Supervisor to determine extent of
- Tryout and debug new dies, check piece parts, make necessary
tool alterations and submit to inspection to release new tools for
production. Make accompanying tools as required or assigned.
- Modify and repair existing tools, tear down dies, replace worn
and broken component parts, reassemble and tryout.
- Troubleshoot production problems, analyze nature of problem
and take necessary corrective action.
- Recommend changes in tool designs to reduce costs and improve
- Install and repair die safety devices to ensure tools are
protected from serious damage.
- Use a variety of machine tools and precision inspection tools,
heat treat furnace and hand tools in the performance of routine
Heres what were looking for:
Minimum of 5 years of experience repairing tooling, dies as well
as fabricating and machining jigs, fixture and die components.
Ability to troubleshoot machine tools, fixtures, dies, perform
rework as needed, or machine new components to manufacturing specs
Ability to perform manual machining, CNC machining or both,
including setup and operation; Program editing is a plus
Expertise at reading and understanding blueprints, CAD drawings
and production specifications
You should be proficient in:
- Manual machining
- Tool/Die/Mold Repair
- Tool/Die/Mold Setups
- Mechanical troubleshooting
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Punch Press
- Four-Slide Machine
$25 - $30 / hr