We Are Hiring
AMITA Health is looking for a Board Certified/Board Eligible
Nurse Practitoner for our Palliative Care and Hospice
This is great opportunity for the right candidate to partner
with AMITA Health to provide medical services to patients.
100% Community based opportunity in the Chicago metro region
See patients/hospice in their homes, assisted living and nursing
Busy growing and well-respected Palliative Care/Hospice Team
Excellent support staff in community
Major Midwest Health System
Staffing privilages at AMITA Health St. Mary's and Elizabeth
Why Join Our Team
About AMITA Health
- AMITA Health is an award-winning health system committed to
delivering outstanding, compassionate care to communities we are
privileged to serve in Chicago and the northwestern, western and
- We are one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15
acute-care hospitals, four specialty hospitals and more than 230
clinics and outpatient facilities, including 18 immediate care
- Ten AMITA Health hospitals have been awarded "A" grades on the
spring 2020 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade list, which recognizes
AMITA Health's successful efforts in providing safer patient
About Chicago Metropolitan Region
- Chicago is one the world's greatest cities.
- We have wonderful neighborhoods, fabulous architecture,
beautiful lakefront, world-class museums, and award-winning
About AMITA Health Medical Group
The AMITA Health Medical Group consists of more than 900
multi-specialty employed physicians and associated practitioners,
ranking it among the largest medical groups in the state. We work
every day to achieve our mission, which is to extend the healing
ministry of Jesus, by providing efficient, high-quality,
What You Will Do
In collaboration with a physician, provides for the expansion of
individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and
treating certain acute or chronic health conditions.
- Obtain patient history and perform assessment via observation,
interview and examination.
- Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic studies.
- Perform preventative health assessments, screening,
immunizations and patient care.
- Provide direct treatment and management of health conditions
via prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare
providers or community resources.
- Counsel and educate patients and their families/caregivers
concerning preventative health, treatment options and community
- Document delivery of health care and nursing processes in
accordance with specific specialty area standards and network
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
Credentials are verified by local staff credentialing office
- Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Illinois Department of
Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date required. Credentials are verified by local
staff credentialing office.
- Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement
- Master's degree of Nursing required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital
status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other
legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in
accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that AMITA Health will make an offer of employment
only to individuals who have applied for a position using our
official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. AMITA Health will not solicit money or banking
information from applicants.