CNC Machinist / Setup
Company: GAM Enterprises
Location: Mount Prospect
Posted on: April 3, 2021
GAM Can, Just ASK! That is the spirit of our entrepreneurial
culture. We live and breathe our core values which are: Teamwork,
being Action-Oriented, Building Long-Term Relationships,
Professionalism, and Having Fun. We have an opportunity for someone
to join our team that has that same passion, that same spirit and
We have an opportunity for a CNC-Machinist setup and operator at
our Mount Prospect, IL manufacturing facility. This is an
opportunity to work on state-of-the-art 5-axis CNC's such as
DMG/Mori NLX's and Mazak Integrex's! GAM Enterprises manufactures
high precision mechanical components used in the Robotic and
Factory Automation Industries. The GAM work environment is based on
mutual respect and the facility is clean, well-lighted, and
air-conditioned. We are a fast-paced company with a high-mix/Low
volume production system, so our team members are required to work
at an efficient and prompt pace.
The CNC Machinist will produce machined parts by programming,
setting up and operating CNC machines, maintaining quality, safety,
maintenance, and record keeping standards. (We have 5-axis
machining centers, mills, and lathes with live-tooling).
RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities of a GAM CNC Setup Machinist
- Setup and prepare CNC machines for a job run. This includes
setting up jobs through 1st piece inspection and verification of
all GD&T specifications and International Standards. On average
you will be responsible for at least one complete complex setup per
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings, specifications,
reference planes, surface locations, and machine parameters.
- Work with the Manufacturing Engineer and the Production
Supervisor to optimize CNC programs and setups for quick
changeovers and reducing cycle times
- Perform inspection using micrometers, calipers, height gauges,
- Operating manual lathes, mills, shaping machines and other
general manufacturing/factory tasks.
- Load and unload the machines for job runs while performing
in-process inspections of parts and adjusting machine offsets.
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will possess the following
- 3-5 years of experience of doing setups, program changes, and
troubleshooting on CNC machines using G and M-code.
- Experience with lathes with live-tooling (DMG-Mori, or
Mazak-Integrex experience a plus).
- Work history which includes accurate and precise use of
measuring equipment (+/- .0001" tolerances), as well as
interpreting engineering drawings, understanding all symbols and
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, past history of good
attendance, strong work ethic, and the ability to change priorities
in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to manage work time and be self-directed in order
to meet production needs.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, ability to lift 50 pounds
and stand on your feet for an entire shift.
- Willingness to work overtime and some Saturdays.
GAM offers a compensation and benefits package that includes very
good salary, choice of 3 medical plans, company paid life insurance
and disability plans, 401(k) with matching, profit sharing plan,
paid time off, holidays, and more.
Keywords: GAM Enterprises, Mount Prospect , CNC Machinist / Setup, Other , Mount Prospect, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!