Global Food Quality Director
Location: Mount Prospect
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Global Food Quality Director
This position is responsible for driving the company's overall
quality strategy, quality management system (QMS), and policies
throughout the organization's global food manufacturing
Building a Better Future through Nature and Science
Using scientific expertise and technical know-how, Primient provide
high-quality products for our customers in the food, beverage,
paper, packaging, personal care, apparel, and animal nutrition
Sustainable, natural products have become increasing popular for
consumers becoming conscious of their consumption. With this
awareness, we aim to help improve the brands we work with and make
them more sustainable for all.
About the role
The Global Food Quality Director oversees and directs the Quality
Assurance and Quality Control functions, and will led on all facets
of Quality, assuring compliance to global regulations, and all
regulatory audit and inspection activities. With a food
manufacturing industry background you will be translating the
company's quality strategy into SOPs, tactical policies, processes,
and procedures to always ensure 100% compliance with meeting global
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Creating and communicating an overall vision for quality within
the company, setting goals and recommending organizational changes
to achieve these goals.
- Communicating the company's quality system to customers.
- Creating an environment conducive to continuous quality
improvement and implementing systems to nurture quality
- Promoting consensus and quality throughout the company.
- Focusing quality initiatives on a pro-active rather than a
- Overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the
reporting departments (QA, QC, and QS) and functions.
- Developing proactive approaches and providing strategic
direction to implement quality standards and procedures for GMP
regulatory compliance to meet company needs.
- Developing and managing relationships with senior Quality
representatives from customers, vendors, and collaborators.
- Implementing governance plan to ensure good communication and
decision making at the appropriate levels for quality related
- Providing advice to the Executive Committee on the implications
and risks related to key Quality issues and important strategic
decisions, keeping all posted, on a timely basis.
- Providing technical assistance and direction in the area of
chemistry, microbiology, and physical testing to ensure adherence
to quality standards and objectives.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring Quality operational
budget to ensure compliance with approved expense limitations.
Determining cause of variance to budget and applicable corrective
- Staffing the Quality department and ensuring training of
employees; planning, assigning, and measuring work; development of
staff, talent assessments and succession planning.
- Selecting, providing training to motivate and develop a highly
technical staff with expertise in a wide variety of disciplines to
accomplish departmental objectives.
- Keeping abreast of current on changes in industry and
regulatory standards for GMP requirements and advise on business
- Assisting customers in investigations of customer complaints
and submitting appropriate reports (timely).
- Identifying quality improvement needs and opportunities and
assuring that appropriate personnel address the issues. Assuring
corrective actions are implemented.
What you'll need to have:
- Minimum of a Bachelors' degree, ideally in a science related
field; Advanced degree will be given preference, however, extensive
industry experience acceptable in lieu of advanced degree.
- At least 10 years of experience in positions of substantial
management responsibility within Quality Assurance.
- 5-10 years food industry experience managing people and a
minimum of 3 years of supplier quality related experience in the
- Working with and knowledge of regulatory requirements in the
- Demonstrated ability in setting successful quality strategies
and building and leading the function.
- Substantial experience in leading and participating in
regulatory inspections and preparing staff for regulatory
- Ability to effectively respond to common inquiries or
complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the
business community. Ability to respond effectively to the most
sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management,
public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to evaluate complex situations and to render judgments
where significant legal, financial, and regulatory risks exist, and
when compliance guidelines are vague or not available.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations, including FDA, EMEA,
- Ability to build consensus among colleagues with an appropriate
level of flexibility, while maintaining a focus on results and goal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the
ability to train staff.
- Strong managerial and organizational ability.
- Ability to think strategically and translate into action.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
This role can be based from our Schaumburg, Chicago or Decatur,
Illinois offices and we will look at a hybrid way of working for
the right candidate
What we can offer you
At Primient you will have to opportunity to drive end to end to end
solutions, while owning a high level of accountability and
ownership. Additionally, you will have access to:
- Flexible working policy
- Competitive salary
- 401 K matching and non contingent matching plans
- Healthcare/Medical insurance
Keywords: Primient, Mount Prospect , Global Food Quality Director, Executive , Mount Prospect, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!