Company: Perfection Spring & Stamping Corp.
Location: Mount Prospect
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Manage engineering support, including but not limited to,
advising on and discussing complex customer requirements and
application of standard customer products and designs, as well as
new products through project and manufacturing engineers or by
personally performing essential duties and responsibilities.
Develop and recommend policies and programs for the engineering of
same and as requested, provide technical assistance to other
functions within the organization. Prepare quotations, write
proposals and assist in pricing. Establish performance controls,
maintain records on engineering, coordinate with other functional
areas within the organization, such as sales/marketing, plant
management and materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the formulation and administration of
engineering policies, including the development of short- and
long-range goals and objectives.
- Manage, coordinate and oversee engineering activities. May
delegate to ensure attainment of Company and department goals and
- Develop annual budget in conjunction with the Vice President,
Operations. Manage an engineering plan and budget based upon
Company goals and abilities. Review and analyze activities, costs,
operations, and forecast data to evaluate department's progress
against established goals and objectives including, but not limited
to, the review of current practices, methods, guidelines, policies
for revision and update to meet Company goals, as well as the
day-to-day management of print control, revision control, product
routings, capacity studies, design, process and manufacturing
engineering, work instructions, etc.
- Confer with own manager and other management team members to
review achievements and discuss mid-course corrections to goals
and/or objectives resulting from current status, conditions, and
directions, regardless of whether they affect other
- Serve as a contributing member on designated management
committees with respect to overall Company performance, goals,
strategic planning, special studies or other management
requirements, as directed.
- Manage a continuous improvement program, tracking, monitoring
and reporting engineering improvements to senior staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, or its
equivalent combination in education and experience.
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience in a multi-environment
or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Understanding of automotive industry systems, including ISO/TS
16949:2009, ISO14001:2004 and product development a plus.
- A minimum of three (3) years managerial experience with project
management accountability including execution and proven ability to
successfully multi-task. Exposure to Perfection's manufacturing
processes, i.e., stamping or springs required.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Strong
presentation and good platform skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully interact with customer and
develop new and/or expanded business.
- Knowledge of and experience with manufacturing systems (either
ERP or MRP) and cost structure (cost accounting).
- Demonstrated ability to act as a mentor/coach to staff.
You should be proficient in:
- Product Design Experience
- ISO 14001 Certification Experience
Machines & technologies you'll use:
Keywords: Perfection Spring & Stamping Corp., Mount Prospect , Engineering Manager, Executive , Mount Prospect, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!