Associate Director of Journals
Company: Society of Critical Care Medicine
Location: Mount Prospect
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Primary purpose: Manages continuous improvement of SCCM journals
to ensure appropriate execution of the overarching vision of the
Society--------s scientific publications. Works with
editors-in-chief, editorial boards, executive staff, and journal
staff to develop short- and long-term goals that address the
Society--------s and journals-------- needs.
I. Development and Management of Journal Strategy
- Creates and manages communications strategies that support the
journals in ensuring that the needs of the target audience are met
in order to continuously improve circulation and key performance
- Works closely with editors-in-chief, editorial boards and
managing editor to set journal policies across all the journals,
ensuring all policies are posted across websites and journal
- Manages the relationship with the publisher to ensure
coordination of promotion and process.
- Ensures continual process improvement so that the quality and
timeliness of each journal is maintained.
- Implements reader engagement activities to promote author
submission and circulation.
- Facilitates policies, processes, and agreements related to
multiorganization manuscripts and SCCM guidelines.
- Regularly evaluates how well each journal is meeting its goals
and serving its audience while proposing and implementing
corrective actions as necessary.
- Ensures consistent rollout of new programs and activities
across all journals.
II. Professional Assistance to Staff
- Stays abreast of current and future trends and regulations in
journal publication and ensures that journal operations are aligned
with these changes.
- Regularly attends planning meetings with the publisher to plan
for future trends and changes in the journal industry.
- Ensures professional development plans and succession planning
for the journal staff.
III. Other Duties as Assigned-- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - --
- -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- --- -
- Participates in cross-departmental staff teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Editor, Location: Mount Prospect, IL -
Keywords: Society of Critical Care Medicine, Mount Prospect , Associate Director of Journals, Executive , Mount Prospect, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!